Friday, July 31, 2009

These is My Words The Diary of Sarah Agnes Prine, 1881-1901 Arizona Territories



Read this book!! These is My Words is the fictional diary of Sarah Prine. She recounts the events in her life from 1881-1901. And what a life! Her journey to the Arizona territory, her love for Captain Jack Elliott, floods, deaths, shootings--it's all in her diaries. Nancy Turner is a great storyteller who based this book on stories of her great grandmother. Sarah is determined, brave and real. She recounts her life as ordinary, but I saw it as extraordinary, as I'm sure will you. If you liked The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society you'll like this book too.

3 comments:

  1. YEAH! isn't it so wonderful? although a pioneer, I found her to be one of the most relatable characters EVER!! did you know there's a sequel? it's called Sarah's Quilts, I think.I haven't read it yet, but want to! I LOVE this book too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohh... I'll request that from the library right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this book a lot. The sequel was even better. I'm glad you enjoyed them too!

    ReplyDelete