Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Three Great Artists







I am amazed at the artistic talent in my family. I admit it, I'm also jealous. It's always amazing to me how people look at a blank page and put what is in their head onto the paper.

My niece Grace visited me this month. She is almost five, her birthday is next month. She likes to draw princesses with big lips, fancy dresses and cleavage. No stick figures for this girl. She reminds me of her cousin. . .

Stephen whose choice of subject was super heroes--the Flash was his favorite. The picture below was chosen for the cover of the literary magazine at Mountain View. We have a huge painting of Spiderman on a wall in the basement. Stephen takes after my brother. . .

Rich who is also a great artist. I seem to remember a lot of monsters coming out of his pencil. He would also entertain us with sketches he had drawn in Fast and Testimony meeting. You have to admit, that is sometimes a very fertile field to find great subjects. There was also a picture of an old man that hung on my parents wall.

I'm grateful for these talented people because there is nothing like watching a great artist at work.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Carol. I don't draw nearly as much as I used to. I guess Gracie, Susie, and Caroline will have to be the family artists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not kidding about having great artists in your family. That spiderman looks incredible but what I'm really interested in is your nieces drawings. Will she sell them:-)

    ReplyDelete