Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Week the Relatives Came

My brother and his girls have been visiting us for the past week. His wife was supposed to come too, but she hurt her back, so she has been at home doing a "While you Were Out". (An old TLC show where one member of the family leaves and another member does something wonderful to the house.) I hope that Lisa is the designer and all her neighbors are the work force. The girls will come home to new rooms and Rich will come home to a clean garage and new living room furniture. It's quite the project for a week and a half.

Swimming was one of the favorite activities of the week, especially for Susan. She loved swimming and was constantly asking her dad when it was time to swim.

Grace is a great artist taking after her dad and cousin Stephen. Here she is with the monster she drew at the Arizona Museum's for Youth monster exhibit.

Caroline loves her dad and doesn't like to have him out of her sight even if it mean going to her aunt's boring Sunday School class or waiting for Chris to get the jumper cables after the car battery died. The jumper cables were home instead of in my car where they should have been. Whatever.
We all enjoyed this great movie!

We went to eat at Joe's Barbeque and Rosa's, two of our favorite places.

Today they went home. They are going to stop and see the Grand Canyon on the way home and stop in Kanab for the night. I know their dog Waylon missed them, and their mom did too of course.

A fun time was had by all. By the way, read the Day the Relatives Came. It is a funny book.

I am having a hard time getting pictures where I want them to be so. . .Caroline is the first picture. By the way, when I asked them what movie they wanted to watch I thought they would say some Disney cartoon. No! They wanted to watch THE MUMMY.

2 comments:

  1. How fun! Glad to see their dog had the same name as my husband:-)

    Also I'll go out to eat with you any day because you named 2 of my most places to eat as well.

    I may take you up on borrowing a book...thanks for the suggestions and the offer.

    ReplyDelete