Saturday, May 30, 2009

Today is my Dad's birthday





My dad's birthday was always Memorial Day until the government in its infinite wisdom changed a bunch of holidays to Monday. We would always have a cook out and go look at the flowers in the cemeteries.

My dad passed away in January after 11 years without my mom. I'm sure they were very glad to be reunited.

My dad was a good dad. He went with me to all the daddy/daughter dates. He was a "steady ender" when my friend Lois and I wanted to jump rope. We tied one side to the hand rail of the stairs to the house and he turned the other side. He worked hard making a living for our family. He drove my friends and I to a big seminary program in Salt Lake and sat in the parking lot for two hours until it was over. He loved my mom. He was a quiet man. He didn't say much.

I miss him, but I am very happy he is with my mom and my brother Phil. Happy birthday Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment