Monday, March 2, 2009

Miracles





Some people say miracles have ceased. I know they haven't. I live with one. His name is Sam.

Sam decided to arrive very hurriedly on the morning of February 23, 1997. I woke up in pain and we drove to the hospital fast! Sam made his appearance 20 minutes after we got to the hospital at about 4:20 a.m. He didn't even wait for the doctor to get there. A nurse delivered him. They didn't even have time to hook me up to an IV. (For that alone I was happy.)

The doctor arrived in time to deliver the placenta. He told us that it had started to tear away from the uterine wall. If Sam hadn't come when he did, he may have died. Then Doctor G. said something I haven't ever forgotten. "The Lord takes care of his little ones."

Yes He does. Sam turned 12 on February 23 and yesterday he was ordained to the Aaronic Priesthood. I am glad that he is part of our family. He has provided us with entertainment and lots of love. Congratulations Sam!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe Sam is that old. Where has the time gone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Sam! David will be ordained this sunday. We are very excited to have our first deacon in the house!

    ReplyDelete