Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Will Work for Stickers

What would you do for a sticker? If you happen to be in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd grade, it turns out to be quite a lot. (Well, if you are most kids, there are exceptions.)

Me: "Okay boys and girls, listen and work hard in group (4-5 kids in reading) and I will give you a really cool sticker."

Kid 1, 2, 3 and 4: "All right! What kind!"

Kid 5: "Who cares?"

Well, most of them will work hard, especially when it may be a puffy sticker.

One half hour later:

Kid 1, 2, 3, and 4: "Wow, cool sticker!"

Kid 5 (who, by the way, has goofed off the entire time): "Where's my sticker?" I don't get one, why?

Me: "You weren't doing what you were supposed to."

Kid 5: "You're not fair."

Me: "Life isn't fair. Maybe you should pay attention next time."

Like I said, they all want stickers. But some kids think that paying attention and working is just way too much trouble.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you said, "Life isnt fair." more people should say that and really MEAN it to kids.

    My version: Life isn't fair, get used to it.

    ReplyDelete